The holidays are a crazy time — and a slow time. Around here, it’s perpetual Sunday. Both my kids are home, with no school, no studying. They’re staying up late and sleeping late. Meals are wonky. Schedules are non-existent. I’m still getting work done but not as much as I’d planned. But—as you may have seen on Facebook or Twitter, my Advance Reading Copies of The Glass Wives arrived!
This milestone kicked-off a weekend-long celebration that included:
- Reading random pages
- Looking for a few favorite scenes to see how they read “for real”
- Staring at the font on random pages
- Holding the book in different positions just to see how it looked
- Leaving the book in different rooms just to see how it looked
- Sharing the fun news with friends and family IRL and online
- Mailing a book to my parents, which resulted in marathon reading, even in the park, in the cold
And once we’re all settled into 2013, I’ll have an ARC giveaway, so be sure to check back!
This week, I’m over at The Debutante Ball today instead of tomorrow (see what I mean about wonky holiday schedules?), appropriately talking about Endings. Book endings, specifically. Don’t worry, there are no spoilers, but it might surprise you to learn how the ending for The Glass Wives actually came to be. You can check it out here.
Another tidbit that might interest you are the acknowledgments that DIDN’T make it into the book. There is no dedication or acknowledgments pages in the ARC, and I’m glad, because that’s one final surprise for the folks who do read it. But there are many who couldn’t or wouldn’t make it into the book…and quite a few reasons why. You can read The Acknowledgments That Won’t Make It Into My Book on Huffington Post Books, by clicking here.
See you one more time before next year!